Sunday, February 8, 2009

MY pillow.

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE sitting on things? It's my hobby, and I'm quite good at it. One of my top sitting locales is the pillow at the head of my bed. The Tall Ones like to think that they deserve two pillows a piece, but the way I see it, I let them have the entire bed and they owe me the use of one pillow for all of the things I put up with around here.

Sometimes I wake up from this roost and a hand is petting me. I like this. Sometimes the hand is resting on top of me. I don't mind this. Sometimes the Tall One on my side of the bed scoots up and manages to cover half of me with her pillow. I dislike this. But I usually tolerate it.

Last night, however, I was pushed too far with this pillow piling and was immediately moved to protest by way of vomiting. A Tall One, jerked awake by my gag sounds, quickly removed her own pillow from the path of my projectile puke, inadvertently whapping the other Tall One in the face. She woke up, confused, just in time to witness my final heave, which left a pile of partially digested Purina inches from their heads. It was beautiful.

I jumped to the floor, and after one more yak on the carpet (cleverly laid on the path from the bed to the restroom), I paused to view the aftermath of my retaliation. The look on their delirious, nauseated faces was pure satisfaction.

Needless to say, I look forward to being left alone to sit on my pillow in comfort tonight.

1 comment:

  1. You are so clever in your methods of torment Mama Cat. Too bad they are closing Guantanamo, there could have been a job in it for you.

    ReplyDelete